2023 Annual Meeting of the First Church in Boston
Immediately following the Sunday service, the Society of the First Church in Boston’s Annual Meeting will be held in the Sanctuary and/or Chapel at 66 Marlborough Street and over YouTube.
For those members who cannot attend in-person, a Zoom Meeting Invitation Information (Meeting Number and Password) and instructions will be sent by email a day or two before the meeting to avoid intrusions from hackers and non-members of our church as has been the case for some meetings via Zoom in other organizations. Check your email for information from Julianna Dunn, our Church Administrator, who will be setting up the Zoom link and sending out the “Invitation Information”.
The Annual Meeting, will be held for the following purposes:
- To elect a Moderator.
- To elect a Treasurer and a Clerk for the ensuing year and members of the Standing Committee, Membership Committee, and Nominating Committee for the terms specified. The Nominating Committee will present the names of those being nominated
- To elect delegates to the General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association to be held June21 – 25, 2023 on-line or in person in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, or to authorize the appointment of delegates. (First Church is entitled to 2 voting delegates.)
- To hear the reports of the Treasurer of the Society, Chair of the Budget Committee, and Treasurer of the Corporation (The First Church in Boston).
- To hear the Reports of the Chair of the Standing Committee of the Society, Fern Beck, and the Chair of the Trustees of the Corporation, Janine Mullen Mudge.
- To hear the Reports of the Minister, Committee Chairs and Staff.
- To recognize Chairs of Committees and present awards.
- To authorize the Chair of the Standing Committee of the Society to approve the most recent Minns Funds annual accounting.
- To authorize the Treasurer of the Society to borrow money for the needs of the Society and to sign the necessary notes and papers therefor, and to act on anything relating thereto.
- To transact any other business that may properly come before the meeting.
Nancy S. Sullivan, Clerk of First Church Boston
Fern Beck, Chair, Standing Committee