The First Church in Boston, located in the Back Bay, seeks a part-time
Comptroller who will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting,
and oversee the financial activities of the church. The Comptroller manages
and supervises all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance.
Reports to the Church Administrator and the Treasurer and will assist with
the development of internal control policies, procedures and financial
planning as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration
with an emphasis in Accounting or a related field.
• Ideal candidate has 5 – 10 years of experience in the field.
• CPA or CMA license required.
• Previous experience as an accountant, accounting supervisor, or
• Excellent computer skills, experience in accounting software and
Microsoft Office Suite, Access, database or other system knowledge.
• Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software
• Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost
accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices,
laws, standards and state/national regulations.
• Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or
• Attention to detail.
• Able to work well with other leaders in the church, as well as
mentor/lead part time support staff
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by November 8, 2021 to office @firstchurchboston.org.
We are in search of a Direction of Religious Education. Click here to read more about the position. Please send a cover letter and resume to office @ firstchurchboston.org.